[Mailman-Users] mailman rc1 and zmailer doesn't cooperate?

Tomaz Borstnar tomaz.borstnar at over.net
Mon May 17 02:26:14 CEST 1999

Hello!

	I downloaded rc1 and everything went smoothly except 2 things:

- make install failed with templates - switch to GNU make cured the problem
- when sending mail to list maintainer with newlist Zmailer complained
about bad behaviour:

94508r  mail FROM:<mailman-owner at lists.over.net> size=1521
94508w  250 2.1.0 Sender syntax Ok
94508r  rcpt TO:<tomaz.borstnar at over.net> NOTIFY=failure
94508w  250 2.1.5 Ok; can accomodate 1521 byte message
94508r  data
94508w  501 5.5.4 Extra junk after 'DATA' verb
94508#  Session closed w/o QUIT

Zmailer is usually very conforming to standard so I guess Mailman is too
lax which is not good. What does it do after 'data'?

Using FreeBSD 3.2-Beta, ZMailer 2.99.50s18 and python 1.5.2 and Mailman
rc1. All latest as you can see.

Thanks in advance.

Tomaz
----
Tomaz Borstnar <tomaz.borstnar at over.net>
"Love is the answer to the final question you ask" - Unknown