[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Postfix

Gerard Hickey Gerard.Hickey at nsc.com
Fri May 21 18:21:07 CEST 1999

OK. I have a really stupid problem, but I could not really find any
answers in the mailing list archive.

For quite some time I have wanted to move my majordomo lists to mailman.
I finally got around to getting python 1.5.2 compiled and mailman seemed
to be working fine. After creating a test list and trying to send mail
through it, I started to have problems with the wrapper complaining
about the gid not matching. After reading for a while it sounded like
postfix would fix these problems (and I wanted to get away from sendmail
anyways).

Now that I am running postfix, I still get simular problems. When mail
is sent to the test mailing list from across the network, everything
seems to work fine. But when a message is sent from the local machine
where postfix and mailman are running, I get the wonderful errors about
gid conflicts. Below are the messages from syslog about the problem.

May 21 11:51:27 thoreau Mailman mail-wrapper: Failure to exec script.
WANTED gid 65534, GOT gid 600.  (Reconfigure to take 600?)
May 21 11:51:27 thoreau Mailman mail-wrapper: Failure to exec script.
WANTED gid 65534, GOT gid 1.  (Reconfigure to take 1?)

Does anyone have a solution for this situation?

Thanks....
--
Gerard Hickey                             email: Gerard.Hickey at nsc.com
National Semiconductor Corporation        phone: +1 207 541 6101