[Mailman-Users] Additional Features ??

Phillip Porch root at theporch.com
Sat Nov 13 04:23:56 CET 1999

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, AE wrote:

> A second message received today was to ask if there was a way to block any
> message that contains an attachment.  The best thing I could tell him, was
> to set the "Maximum length in Kb of a message body. Use 0 for no limit."
> back to 40 and hope that the attachment is larger than 40K.  This is
> ovbiously not a great solution.

I have a python script that strips attachments unless they are plain/text.
I also have a version written in perl for those who prefer that. It is
called in a pipeline called from the sendmail alias for the list. I would
be happy to share this with anyone who wants. It is being distributed
under the GNU GPL.

--
Phillip P. Porch <root at sco.theporch.com>  NIC:PP1573     finger for
http://www.theporch.com  UTM - 16 514548E 3994397N          PGP key