[Mailman-Users] Archives Not Threading Properly

Andrew J Cosgriff ajc at bing.wattle.id.au
Mon Nov 15 04:42:15 CET 1999

Dave C. wrote :

> On 15 Nov 1999, Andrew J Cosgriff wrote:

> > Seen that here too - as far as I can see, Outlook sets neither an
> > "In-Reply-To:" nor a "References:" header and so yes, it'll always
> > appear to start a new thread.  Bummer.
>
> Thats odd.. I recently did some testing of a tech-support email
> archiving system, and it appeared that Outlook did in fact set at
> least one of those.. Or maybe it was Outlook Express..  What version
> of Outlook? I wouldn't be surprise of SOME version of any MS client
> didn't follow a convention..

The two guilty parties here are running Outlook 97 as far as I can
tell - hopefully it's better in OE5 or Outlook2000, but nobody uses
them around here - just about everybody else (except me) uses
Netscape.

--
Andrew J Cosgriff <ajc at bing.wattle.id.au> exterminate all rational thought !
                    footwear peyote burma redemption circle