[Mailman-Users] optimizing mail delivery

J C Lawrence claw at cp.net
Wed Nov 17 20:26:23 CET 1999

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 11:52:23 -0200
Klaubert Herr da Silveira <klaubert at bcb.gov.br> wrote:

> Many users of the mailing-list are on the same domain. I'd like
> know if the mailman send the e-mail addresses to sendmail (my MTA)
> in domain order, or if it ignore this, sending with no order. Or
> if sendmail can do this job (is it the default?), optimizing the
> transfer of the message to the list. How this work?

Sendmail will not do this for you.  MailMan can be persuaded to, but
I wouldn't bother.  A better choice is to use a better MTA than
Sendmail, which has better (faster and more optimised) delivery and
queue running functionality than Sendmail.  Two good choices are:

  Exim      http://www.exim.org/
  Postfix   http://www.postfix.org

Unlike Sendmail, such efficient MTAs will automatically order the
messages they deliver in the most efficient fashion.

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                            Internet: coder at kanga.nu
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...