[Mailman-Users] mailman bug error

Kory Wheatley wheakory at isu.edu
Fri Nov 19 06:00:34 CET 1999

Does any know how to fix this mailman 1.0 bug error that I am getting on
our
Red hat 6.0 system.

I know its a permissions problem I just cant find where its at, here's
the error below, its when I try to go to the administer a list.

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy
of this page to the webmaster for this site with a
description of what happened. Thanks!

Traceback:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/mailman/scripts/driver", line 112, in run_main
    main()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 65, in main
    lst = MailList.MailList(list_name)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 61, in __init__
    self.Load()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 798, in Load
    self.Lock()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 1374, in Lock
    self._lock_file = posixfile.open(
  File "/var/tmp/python-root/usr/lib/python1.5/posixfile.py", line 216,
in open
    return _posixfile_().open(name, mode, bufsize)
  File "/var/tmp/python-root/usr/lib/python1.5/posixfile.py", line 81,
in open
    return self.fileopen(__builtin__.open(name, mode, bufsize))
IOError: (13, 'Permission denied')

Kory Wheatley