[Mailman-Users] Mailman customization

Thiébaut Champenier CHAMPETH at e-i.com
Mon Nov 22 09:14:03 CET 1999

Hi all,

I have a customer with very special needs (as usual with customers:)
for one of his Mailing Lists: he needs a "diffusion only" list:

* only the list admins can subscribe/unsubscribe users, no
  user confirmation is required,

* only a few users are allowed to post to the list (1 or 2 of the
  admins in fact),

* users have no password, they just don't know they're on a ML,

* no welcome email on subscription, no monthly reminder, no subject
  line prefix, etc..

Actually all that I need is to cut out features from the MLM for this
special list!  So, do you know if this can be achieved by changing the
options or do I have to modify the code of Mailman?

If it's possible to efficiently modify Mailman to add the per-list
config options that allow the above "features", I'd prefer this
solution to learning another MLM that can handle it directly (I don't
know if there's one).

I want a stable Mailman, so should I start working on the CVS version
or on the 1.1 release?

If those modifications interest someone else, I can make them public.
Oh, while I'm here, I've translated to french almost all of the
Mailman messages (the .txt and .html, but not those in the code),
here too if someone is interested, just ring me.

--
Thiébaut CHAMPENIER