[Mailman-Users] Moving archives

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Mon Nov 22 17:36:31 CET 1999

    TG> O.K., I know this is an old, oft-visited question, but here
    TG> goes...

    TG> Is there a way to convert the config.db files for moving over
    TG> to a new directory structure? We moved everything from one
    TG> directory to another on the same machine, and don't want to
    TG> have to recreate users, lists, archives etc.

    TG> Better yet, can someone point me to instructions on moving
    TG> lists in toto from one directory to another?

I'm going to try to come up with a checklist, because I am also in the
process of moving a ton of lists from one machine to another (and more
importantly, from one dir to another).  The trickiest bit is that the
list archive paths are saved in the config.db file.  While this is
probably bogus in the first place, fixing this at this point is more
work than I have time for.

In the short term, I've written a simple script called bin/move_list
(you can find it in CVS).  Essentially all this does is fix the
saved archive paths for a list.  It assumes that the values in your
Defaults.py and mm_cfg.py are correct.

-Barry