[Mailman-Users] how to deal with bounces?

barry at deafdigest.org barry at deafdigest.org
Thu Nov 25 13:28:57 CET 1999

Hello all of you out there:

I am a new mailman user; I own and operate a 25,000 subscriber on-line
newsletter that is distributed weekly. I normally expect 200-300 bounces
per newsletter distribution.

I have been careful in clicking on bounce options on the web site yet the
handling of bounces is not working the way I wanted it to be.

What is happening is that:
1. 200-300 bounces are being dumped back to my private e-mail address
2. I look at the bounces log on the web site and find a small number of
bounces being added to it weekly
3. I have set the option at "remove and notify me" after the 6th bounce,
but it doesn't seem to be happening.

I did not set up the mailman - my webmaster did. I am not a techie so
please go easy on suggestions that you may send me.

thank you very much

Barry Strassler
barry at deafdigest.org
http://www.deafdigest.org