[Mailman-Users] UPDATEDQ EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER question

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Mon Nov 29 16:52:23 CET 1999

    AG> What we have here is Python's extended format-string handling,
    AG> so using '%(listname)s' instead of '${listname}' might give
    AG> the intended result.

Exactly.  I've updated the comment in Defaults.py{.in} to read:

# These variables control the use of an external archiver.  Normally if
# archiving is turned on (see ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX above and the list's archive*
# attributes) the internal Pipermail archiver is used.  This is the default if
# both of these variables are set to false.  When either is set, the value
# should be a shell command string which will get passed to os.popen().  This
# string can contain $(listname)s for dictionary interpolation.  The name of
# the list being archived will be substituted for this.
#
# Note that if you set one of these variables, you should set both of them
# (they can be the same string).  This will mean your external archiver will
# be used regardless of whether public or private archives are selected.
PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = 0
PRIVATE_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = 0