[Mailman-Users] Install problems

O'Gorman, James jogorman at worldmediaco.net
Fri Oct 1 19:37:35 CEST 1999

I am having some problems getting mailman up and going on a new install. I
have gone through the install process twice, troubleshooted like mad, etc,
etc. And it is still not going. I am sure there is something basic I am
missing, and I will look like a fool after I post this, but we will see what

Box is FreeBSD 3.3, MTA is postfix. I followed the directions on getting the
mail-gid for postfix, and ran configure using it.

My errors are as follows:

Out of mailman's smtp-errors file I see:

Oct 01 12:12:00 1999 TrySMTPDelivery: To user at domian.com:
Oct 01 12:12:00 1999 TrySMTPDelivery:    socket.error  / host not found
Oct 01 12:12:00 1999 TrySMTPDelivery:  Maybe your MTA daemon needs

In my /var/log/maillog I get:

Oct  1 12:12:00 listserv postfix/smtpd[5276]: disconnect from
Oct  1 12:12:00 listserv postfix/smtpd[5277]: lost connection after CONNECT
from localhost[]

Any one with any ideas?