[Mailman-Users] Some subscribers receiving multiple copies

Will Leaver will at connectcorp.net
Tue Oct 5 19:02:38 CEST 1999

Thanks to all for the various replies. We checked for only one copy of
Sendmail running, which is true.
We also checked the logs, and, as you say, there was no indication of
trouble. We adjusted run_queue and cron to process the queue every five
minutes. This seems to have improved the situation, but not solved it
entirely.

Every day we get a few complaints of multiple copies. The list is 30K subs.
One person send both copies and they were about a half hour apart, which
baffles me completely. One clue - at that time run_queue was running every
half hour, and the queue was heavily loaded.

We are using a machine that only runs mailman for us, Linux version
something very recent, Mailman 1.0.

Any further suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Will Leaver
MASLOM, Inc.