[Mailman-Users] unable to edit my archive page

Jerry Adlersfluegel jerrya at fastrans.net
Thu Oct 21 05:58:00 CEST 1999

I am trying to edit my Archives Index Page with the web interface, and my
changes aren't showing up. The archive is private, and works just fine. I
just finished configuring ht://dig to index the private archive and now I
want to put the search doodads on the archive page.

Changes I make on the web form show up in ~/lists/listname/archives.html
but never make it to ~/archives/private/listname/index.html, even after
someone sends mail to the list. The index.html file is overwritten
everytime a message is posted, which blows away anything I tried to add
there.

Just to see if the web-based editor worked, I was able to successfully
edit the General list information page.

I would appreciate any help in modifying this file.

(Mailman 1.0 on a RedHat 6.0 system.)

Thanks!

--
Jerry Adlersfluegel