[Mailman-Users] wrapper not available

Herman Van Keer herman at hermann.dyn.tj
Sat Oct 23 06:10:56 CEST 1999

Hi mailman-users,

I've been using mailman for a while now.
I use it for three lists: for an organisation, a family list and a
silent one about changes on my homepage.

I recently upgraded from RedHat 5.2 to Mandrake 6.0.
Apparently sendmail has been upgraded to - though I do not know from
which version to: 8.9.3

And now I get this error message:
sh: wrapper not available for sendmail programs
554 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner my_list"... Service
unavailable

Funny thing is:
when I change my sendmail.cf to the older version, it works.
Changing again to the new version - errors!

I now a LITTLE BIT about sendmail, but surely not enough to solve this
problem.
A search in the archive did not show any hints.

Hints and/or pointers to messages are really appreciated.
I like the program very much.
Especially since I can now use it for a non-profit organisation here in
Calgary,AB.

Thanks for the help,
Herman

! #                    Herman Van Keer                    !
!  #     ###           Tel + Fax : +1 403 933-4452        !
!   #   #              E-mail :    herman at hermann.dyn.tj  !
! Home Page :   www.HermAnn.dyn.tj   www.HermAnn.dyns.cx  !