[Mailman-Users] Mailman does not generate a high load on my machine

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Wed Sep 1 00:37:58 CEST 1999

    FC> I send a e-mail a while ago saying mailman was causing a huge
    FC> load on my server.  That's not correct.  I found out that it
    FC> was a problem in the 2.2.11 version of the linux kernel.  I'm
    FC> with 2.2.12 now and its ok.

Can you provide any more information?  Do you know what specifically
about the 2.2.11 kernel was causing the problem?

I've been closely monitoring python.org after installing Jeremy
Hylton's pipermail performance improvements and I've been extremely
happy.  Python.org can now easily keep up with the traffic.  Not to
say there aren't more improvements possible, but the 80/20 rule
definitely comes into play.  The changes may be good enough to warrant
a 1.1 release even before the I18N stuff gets merged in.

-Barry