[Mailman-Users] problem with arch converting majordomo archives to mailman

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vtserf.cc.vt.edu
Sat Sep 4 05:47:04 CEST 1999

>From: "Barry A. Warsaw" <bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us>

>>>>>> "RJ" == Ron Jarrell <jarrell at vt.edu> writes:

>    RJ> FYI, I ran into the same problem this weekend.. 14M archive
>    RJ> with about 9000 messages in it, and it always blows up in the
>    RJ> same month; even if I peel out just that month.  Haven't had
>    RJ> the energy to search down to which message(s) might be causing
>    RJ> it.

>Sorry it's taken me so long to follow up to this.  Are you guys still
>having problems converting your archives?  Have you tried the latest
>CVS snapshot?  If so and you still have problems, we'll have to
>arrange for you to upload your raw archive file so I can debug it.

Well, I don't think todd and I were having the same problem; I posted
in detail about what I found in investigating my archives, on the 
developers list.  In my case, I could wipe out the pipermail archive,
regenerate it, and have it fail in the same place each time, which
I eventually tracked to it failing to convert the From line timestamp
into a sane time value.  I found two time formats that would
consistently wreck and archive while importing; if I changed those
time stamps and regenerated, all works.  Delete the archive, change
them back, it fails again...

Todd, however, tried my solution and still had problems.  Although
he hadn't deleted the archive before regenerating again.  I'm not
sure if he regenerated after deleting the pipermail debris with, or
without, the edited dates...

In my case I'm suspecting the rfc822 library...

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list