[Mailman-Users] Problem with run_queue never finishing

Gordon Harty gordonh at tagnet.org
Wed Sep 15 02:24:00 CEST 1999

I have run_queue in my crontab running every 30 minutes like the
instructions say.  A few days ago my system was heavily loaded with
several run_queue processes running.

I killed them off and am now trying to get run_queue to actually complete.
Last night I let it run and it finally gave an error trace of the
following:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman-1.0/cron/run_queue", line 46, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman-1.0/cron/run_queue", line 39, in main
    lockfile.lock()
  File "/usr/local/mailman-1.0/Mailman/flock.py", line 175, in lock
    os.unlink(self.tmpfname)
os.error: (2, 'No such file or directory')

I tried to report this as a bug through the jitterbug interface but it
bounced the bug report.

At this point when I execute run_queue it just sits there taking 3 or 4%
of the CPU for hours.  I have, of course, taken it out of my crontab so it
does not clobber my system but I'm not sure what to do.

Gordon