[Mailman-Users] MIME

Paul Murphy murphy at niggle.com
Mon Sep 20 13:19:53 CEST 1999

How do people handle MIME mail sent to mailman lists?

I thought of writing a filter to turn incoming MIME messages into ASCII,
but our users are now sending attachments and find that ability very
useful, so that is no longer an option.

I now think that MIME needs to be handled specially at the archiving
level -- since MIME mail is illegible in an archive.  Looking through
the project's TODO list, I don't see any plans for this.  Perhaps
there's an obvious (or not so obvious) way of handling this now.

Has anyone else dealt w/ this problem?  Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Many thanks.

- Paul Murphy / murphy at niggle.com