[Mailman-Users] Error while executing newlist.

Wolfram Stumpf stumpf at rancon.de
Tue Sep 21 11:49:41 CEST 1999

Hi everybody!

After succesfully installing mailman 1.0, I tried to create a test-list
with newlist. But instead of creating the list, newlist exits with the
following error message:

 Traceback (innermost last):
  File "./newlist", line 146, in ?
    raise SystemExit(main(sys.argv))
  File "./newlist", line 93, in main
    newlist.Create(list_name, owner_mail, pw)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 724, in Create
    self.Lock()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 1379, in Lock
    self._lock_file.lock('w|', 1)
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/posixfile.py", line 190, in lock
    flock = fcntl.fcntl(self._file_.fileno(), cmd, flock)
IOError: (37, 'No locks available')
After browsing through the mailing-list archive, I thought the existing
patch would work, but it doesn´t. I even tried inserting 'linux2' into
posixfile.py, but with no result. I´m working with SuSE 6.1 with Python
1.5.1 and mailman 1.0.

Thanks for help!

	Wolfram Stumpf
	stumpf at rancon.de