[Mailman-Users] Some subscribers receiving multiple copies

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at vdata.co.uk
Thu Sep 30 10:46:35 CEST 1999

will at connectcorp.net said:
> Some of our subscribers are reporting receiving 2, 3, or even 4 copies
> of each post.

I've seen very occasional examples of this on our list running mailman
1.0.  The headers show that the duplication is occurring at the point
where mailman injects the message into the MTA for delivery to the list
subscribers.

I've just checked yesterdays logs and found one message that did this.
In this case the final mail injection was duplicated - ie mailman
injected the message 5 times to a different set of subscribers, and
then injected it twice with the same recipient list each time.

There is no indication of problems in the mailman logs.

The injects were spread over a 5 or so minute period, with the last 2
(duplicated) injects done 2.5 minutes apart.  The machine would have
been quite heavily loaded around that time - there was a message still
in the process of injection by mailman when the second arrived and a
few messages in the mailq.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk ]