[Mailman-Users] Setting up MHonArc as Archiver on linux

Christopher P. Lindsey lindsey at mallorn.com
Wed Apr 5 19:22:24 CEST 2000

> >> PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = '(/usr/bin/mhonarc -add -nolock -umask 023 -outdir
> >> /home/mailman/lists/%(listname)s)'
> >>
> >> This did nothing. ie. the mail was properly delivered, but not archived in
> >> html.
> >>
> > If that looks correct, replace "mhonarc" with a script that logs
> > its execution and calls mhonarc, so you can see if Mailman is
> > ever calling you.
>
> Well, that's the only thing I have not tried. Anyway, I still wait
> for an explanation/solution of my (our) problem.

It could be any number of things...

Why not replace the line above with something like

   PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = 'cat - > /tmp/archive.%(listname)s'

?  That should create a file in /tmp containing the contents of the
message.  Or better yet:

   PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = 'cat - > /home/mailman/lists/archive.%(listname)s'

to make sure that you have write permission.

You also need to be running a newer version of Mailman (1.1 or greater).

Chris