[Mailman-Users] our mailman broke!

dannyman dannyman at dannyland.org
Mon Apr 10 19:31:38 CEST 2000

Heyas.  Running the second-to-latest version of Mailman on FreeBSD/Postfix.

ObIHaveReservationsAboutDeployingMailman: is there something wrong with
locking mechanisms?  i see a lot of errors when the system is under load.  it
is enough to make ditch mailman.  is the new version more stable?

anyway, we lost power last night, and when the system came back up, the web
interface started whining thusly:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 112, in run_main
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py", line 40, in main
    FormatListinfoOverview()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py", line 88, in
FormatListinfoOverview
    l = MailList.MailList(n, lock = 0)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 62, in __init__
    self.Load()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 817, in Load
    raise Errors.MMBadListError, ('Failed to unmarshal config info: '
TypeError: __add__ nor __radd__ defined for these operands

SERVER_SOFTWARE
                       Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)
HTTP_CONNECTION
                       Keep-Alive
 HTTP_USER_AGENT
                       Mozilla/4.61 [en] (X11; U; FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE i386)

 REQUEST_URI
                       /mailman/listinfo/
SERVER_PROTOCOL
                       HTTP/1.0
 PATH_INFO
                       /
 HTTP_HOST
                       mailman.tellme.com
 REQUEST_METHOD
                       GET
 SERVER_SIGNATURE
                       Apache/1.3.12 Server at cyrus.corp.tellme.com Port 80
 SCRIPT_NAME
                       /mailman/listinfo

Can anyone give me a pointer here?  I'll go RTFM for my part. :)

Thanks,
-danny

--
come.to/dannyman