[Mailman-Users] Newbie question...

Richard Ellerbrock richarde at eskom.co.za
Wed Apr 12 17:15:33 CEST 2000

>On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, J C Lawrence wrote:
>
>Also, is there a central address, mailman at hostname for example, that
>people can send requests too or is everything done with listname-request
>addresses?  We planning on using Novell's Groupwise MTA as our hub so we
>will be creating an object in NDS, not quite really, for each list so that
>mail sent to the address will get forwarded out to the linux box, and if
>the number of those addresses were cut in half, it would be very nice...I
>am assuming this is the case but all of the mailman hosted lists I have
>subscribed to, 2 of them, have used listname-request for subscribtion...

We do the same with our Groupwise environment and it works just great. Rather get your users to subscribe via the Web interface, or alternatively, generate lists automatically from the NDS using LDAP and the sync_member command from mailman. We automagically generate numerous lists this way each evening. Our directory contains about 25000 users and it works fine.

--
Richard Ellerbrock
richarde at eskom.co.za