[Mailman-Users] can not do anything with posting held

TM tm at chello.at
Mon Apr 17 17:01:55 CEST 2000

>there is a message no matter what i tried (approve/reject/discard), it is
>still on the database.  how could i solve it?

I have the same problem. It seems to be in relationship to the amount
of subscribers. The db script needs a very long time to transfer the
mails to sendmail (or sendmail needs a long time to put the message
in its queue). In the meantime you will get a timeout from the
browser. So the script is aborted and the message remains in the db.
I tried to post a message from an allowed email adress to this
moderated list, and it works (the script needed about 10 minutes to
do the transfer to sendmail).

This is my old mail, postet a few weeks ago:
--- snipp ---
Following problem:

We installed Mailman 2.0beta1 on a Suse 6.3 Linux System (kernel
2.2.14, sendmail 8.9.3, python 1.5.2, smp machine). Everything worked
fine (except the archive, but this has time ;)

After adding about 700 users to one of the lists, the users got the
welcome messages. A few mails are still in sendmail queue because of
delivery problems.

When i try now to post a message to this list (moderated), i get the
authorization mail. After klicking approve and submit on the web
page, nothing happens. No mail, no new page.

ps axw:
579 ?	S	0:01 /usr/bin/python -S
/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver/admindb
580 ?	Z	0:00 [python <defunct>]

On another mailing list with only a few users (same server),
everything works fine.

Any ideas?
--- snap ---

Thanks 4 help - Tom
--

---
This e-mail message is 100% electronically degradeable and Micro$oft-free.