[Mailman-Users] check_perms ?

Fil fil at bok.net
Wed Apr 19 18:07:28 CEST 2000

I had at first the debian distrib of mailman. Then I switched to a manual
install, and forgot to read the INSTALL file, forgot in consequence to:

      Make sure this directory is set to group 'mailman' and has the
      setgid bit set.  You probably also want to guarantee that this
      directory is read and executeable by everyone. For example,
      these shell commands will accomplish this:

          % cd $prefix
          % chgrp mailman .
          % chmod a+rx,g+ws .

The scripts choke a lot before I was able to understand, check_perms was of
no help as it detected nothing. Could it be upgraded to check this ?