[Mailman-Users] response fully qualifying

britt bolen at hcs.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 19 21:45:58 CEST 2000

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Michael Curtin wrote:

> I have mailman 1.0 running on Solaris 2.6.  Everything works fine except
> when someone adds themselves to a list, the confirmation email they
> get sends as "list1-request1 at ptc.com" and it should be sent as
> "list1-request at listserv.ptc.com".
> I've been playing around with sendmail but I don't think that's the problem.
> Any idea?

well you can make sendmail rewrite all outgoing mail to be from
listserv.ptc.com by adding/changing the DM directive in sendmail.cf

# who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading) (see also $=M)
DMlistserv.ptc.com

this will fail if you have a DS, or DH value and that server then rewrites
the address.