[Mailman-Users] A Vote Against Passwords

Ted Cabeen secabeen at pobox.com
Mon Aug 7 20:59:46 CEST 2000

In message <Pine.LNX.4.04.10008022234140.3908-100000 at archer.kd-dev.com>, Derek
Simkowiak writes:
>	Passwords are only there to reduce abuse of people
>subscribing/unsubscribing others without consent.  Since that's never been
>a problem on my lists, I would like to turn it off (and have a
>subscription policy that does not require a confirmation).

Open subscriptions is easy.  There's a setting in Defaults.py that will
enable open subscriptions.  When you enable them, an open radio button will
appear in the confirmation/approval section.

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen         secabeen at pobox.com
Check Website or Keyserver for PGP/GPG Key BA0349D2      secabeen at uchicago.edu