[Mailman-Users] OT: Anyone else had spam?

Matthew Frost matthewf at orac.frost.net
Thu Aug 10 22:34:03 CEST 2000

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 01:27:13PM -0700, davidu wrote:
> I never got spam, then, this week I started getting three four -- it seems
> this list is the problem -- is that possible?

Possible.  But unusual.  (I can't remember having my address lifted
like this before).

I only knew for sure that this one I received got my address from the
list because of the References: header pointing at one of my previous
posts.  It also used my "Real" address (rather than the one I use in
my .sig or usenet posts).

Anyway, I've reported the user to his ISP, and hopefully they will
deal with him as he's broken their Terms of Service.

Normal serice now resumes...

Regards, Matthew

--
Matthew Frost                                         http://www.frost.org/