[Mailman-Users] Deleting from archive & mbox files

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Mon Aug 14 00:35:40 CEST 2000

On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 09:28:19PM +0000, Robin Gilks wrote:
> Just started a couple of lists and I'd like to clear some of
> the test garbage out of the web archives. Is there a simple
> way of doing this that keeps all the indexes intact? This info

No, but you can edit the list.mbox file and then run bin/arch
to rebuild the archives and indexes.

> Second question is about housekeeping - the mbox files. How
> long do they last, how big do they get and if periodically

They normally last forever.  New messages are appended as they
arrive (if you have archiving enabled).

Jim Tittsler, Tokyo
Python Starship     http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/