[Mailman-Users] Help with Mailman 1.1

Jeffrey Kain jkain at mail.orchardsoft.com
Fri Aug 18 21:40:02 CEST 2000

Hi,

I've been using Mailman for awhile, and it was working well on our Redhat
Linux box. This week I upgraded the hardware, and put a fresh copy of
Mandrake 7.1 on the new machine, and I'm having trouble getting Mailman to
work.

The administrative web pages come up OK, check_perms reports everything is
OK, and check_db reports that all my list databases are OK. When I send a
message to a Mailman address, I get the errors shown at the end of this
message returned back to me from the mailer. In /var/messages, I get this
error:

Aug 18 14:29:03 mail kernel: Security: denied hard link to 516.503 for UID
8, EUID 8, process python:9059

I'm running Mandrake Linux 7.1, Kernel 2.215-4mdk. Other versions:

sendmail-8.9.3-Melissa-safe-2
apache-1.3.12-12mdk

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jeff

(Here's the error text:)

"| /home/mailman/mail/wrapper post orchard-dev"
     (expanded from: <orchard-dev at orchardsoft.com>)

Traceback (innermost last):
   File "/home/mailman/scripts/post", line 45, in ?
     mlist = MailList.MailList(sys.argv[1])
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 62, in __init__
     self.Load()
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 804, in Load
     self.Lock()
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 1373, in Lock
     self.__lock.lock()
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 186, in lock
     os.link(self.__lockfile, self.__tmpfname)
OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted
554 "| /home/mailman/mail/wrapper post orchard-dev" ... unknown mailer error 1