[Mailman-Users] Removing old archives for Mailman

Shane Y. Gibson sgibson at digitalimpact.com
Mon Dec 4 22:42:56 CET 2000

Hi,

I have Python 2.0 and am having problems with archives.  Our
users send M$ files en-force, and fill an 18 Gig disk in about
6 months.  I need to be able to setup some sort of cron job
to delete archive information older than 3 months.  Is this
possible?

It seems one would have to parse the <listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox
file, and groom out the stuff they want gone.  This would seem to
be a rather icky way of doing this.  Any thoughts/ideas/magic
scripts?

Thanks.

v/r
Shane

P.S. If possible, please CC me directly on the replies.

Shane Y. Gibson                     sgibson at digitalimpact.com