[Mailman-Users] List-* headers

Jerry Adlersfluegel jerrya at jerrya.net
Wed Dec 6 21:48:09 CET 2000

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> sigma at pair.com said:
> > But what they see right now are two full screens of headers before the
> > actual message, and that's what *their* users see, and it trickles
> > back to us as dissatisfaction.  I want to be able to provide an option
> > for each list to disable these headers, at their own risk.
>
> What sort of completely broken mail client shows all the headers to
> naive users??

One of my users has Eudora (windows), and was asking about the headers. I
downloaded it and try as I might, I can't hide the headers. There is a
button (labeled "blah blah blah") that displays all headers, which reveals
even more of them, but the default view shows our new List-* headers. They
aren't shown in the preview window, but if you double-click on the message
to open it, there are a LOT of headers shown. Pretty ugly...

--
Jerry Adlersfluegel