[Mailman-Users] config.db changing ownership???

Jeff Maxwell jeff at crossvalley.com
Fri Dec 8 23:31:44 CET 2000

I had the same problem, I solved it by change the use that runs
mailman to nobody.

use this as your config command line:
./configure --with-mail-gid=99 --with-cgi-gid=99 --with-username=nobody

then chown the install directory with:
chown -R nobody.mailman /path-to-your/install-directory

Hope this helps

>OK. It seems that whenever I configure and make install, mailman sets the
>owner of 'config.db' and 'config.db.last' to 'nobody'. If I chown them to
>'mailman' something seems to change them back to 'nobody'.
>I set up configure like so
>./configure --with-mail-gid=99 --with-cgi-gid=99 --with-username=mailman
>Needless to say nothing works correctly when those two files have the owner
>of 'nobody'. Once I chown them to 'mailman' life is good for about 5
>minutes, then things stop working again because somehow those two file got
>re owned by 'nobody'.
>What is going on?
>Mailman-Users maillist  -  Mailman-Users at python.org

Jeff Maxwell