[Mailman-Users] For the Mailman Wishlist

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Mon Dec 11 19:14:16 CET 2000

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 09:06:44AM -0800, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> > From: Philippe Schenkel [mailto:pschenkel at gmx.ch]
> > * support for announcement-lists (members cannot post),
> Already does this fairly well.  I've got it set up on my server.  I don't
> remember exactly the options, but I basically said that all posts are
> moderated, except for a couple of people.

Uh, not quite the same thing...

Philippe asked for "members cannot post".  To me, this means the mlm rejects
non-admin senders immediately and automatically.

AFAICT, all Mailman has is "member posts go into an admin queue and sit
there, waiting for approval, until an admin manually rejects them".

Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d? s+: a- C++ UL++$ P++>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+
!K w---$ O M- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv b+ DI++++ D G e* h+ r y+