[Mailman-Users] How can I tell WHY sendmail is refusing posts from/via mailman?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Thu Dec 14 05:37:36 CET 2000

At 9:38 PM -0500 12/13/00, Scott Brown wrote:
>PLEASE help me out - I'm running mailman 2.0 on a RH 5.2 system, using
>sendmail 8.8.5... and this is my last problem to figure out....

>Can someone give me an idea as to what I need to do to get sendmail to
>accept these messages?

First, upgrade to a modern version of sendmail. 8.8.5 is ancient,
full of security holes, and easily abused by spammers. For your own
sake, don't run that version, upgrade to at least 8.9.3. Anthing
older is a buggy timebomb.

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)