[Mailman-Users] Deleting a message

Phydeaux reb at taco.com
Tue Dec 19 23:52:18 CET 2000

At 05:22 PM 12/19/2000 -0500, Ken Kyler wrote:
>I need to delete a specific message in a list.  The FAQ says:
>
>Q. I want to get rid of some messages in my archive. How do I do this?
>A. David Rocher posts the following recipe:

Okay, here we go...

>   remove $prefix/archives/private/listname
Use the appropriate OS command to remove the list archive directory...

>   edit $prefix/archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox [optional]
Use your favorite editor to remove the offending message from the
listname.mbox file

>   run $prefix/bin/arch listname
Run the "arch" utility to recreate the archive.  You can also call it
like this:

arch listname /path/to/listname.mbox

>So - stupid question I guess - I don't see any scripts or commands called
>remove, edit or run.  Can someone be a bit more specific?

I hope that helps.

reb