Admin chunksize (was: [Mailman-Users] Re: Buglet or Bozo?)

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at west.sun.com
Sun Dec 31 22:27:08 CET 2000

Phydeaux wrote:

> At 03:15 PM 12/29/2000 +1100, Bek Oberin wrote:
> >Scott Brown wrote:
> > > When the list admin (or I, with the site password) go into this page, and
> > > try to select a different chunk of users to display on the page, the chunk
> > > never changes, it's always the first 30 addresses that are shown.
> >
> >I've had this problem off and on.  Clearing out the cookies and
> >the cache and going back again the next morning has helped, but I
> >don't actually know how to fix it or anything.
> >
> >At least it's not just you :-/.
>
> I've not had this problem, but I tried to change the chunk size via the
> mm_cfg.py file. I set this:
>
> DEFAULT_ADMIN_MEMBER_CHUNKSIZE = 100
>
> with no effect. I still get chunks of 30.

DEFAULT is assigned at list-creation time.  Thereafter, it's part of the list
object.  It's an attribute called acmin_member_chunksize; you can set it with
withlist -l (see bin/withlist for instructions).  Something like:

cd ~mailman
python -i bin/withlist -l <listname>
m.admin_member_chunksize = 100
m.Save()
m.Unlock()
^D

would do it.  (The last two aren't really strictly necessary, but I'm paranoid.)