[Mailman-Users] Problem with crontab jobs

Mohamed LRHAZI mlrhazi at gltrade.fr
Tue Feb 1 12:39:20 CET 2000

Hello there,

I just joind in... and my first problem is that the cron jobs seem to
all fail...;
I disabled the most frequent of them, and unuseful for me... the one I
kept is :

# Every 1/2 hour flush the outgoing mail queue.
12,42 * * * * /usr/local/bin/python /export/home/mailman/cron/run_queue

If I run it as user mailman, it says :
$ /usr/local/bin/python /export/home/mailman/cron/run_queue
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/export/home/mailman/cron/run_queue", line 46, in ?
    main()
  File "/export/home/mailman/cron/run_queue", line 39, in main
    lockfile.lock()
  File "/export/home/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 186, in lock
    os.link(self.__lockfile, self.__tmpfname)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
$ id
uid=107(mailman) gid=1(other)

To solve this, I did what might be stupid, by accident actually :)
chown -R mailman:mailman ~mailman

instead of ~mailman/cron

now, my initial problem seems to have gone away, since i can run all
those jobs
without them complaining...
my question is, did I screw up anything by that recursive chown on all
of mailman dir, and
that's the directory where I actually installed mailman !!

Thanx alot.