[Mailman-Users] Add new list through web

Mats Wichmann mats at laplaza.org
Mon Feb 7 14:49:30 CET 2000

At 04:01 PM 02/06/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>On Sun, 6 Feb 2000 14:47:42 -0600 (CST)
>Doug Hughes <doug at eng.auburn.edu> wrote:
>
>> Oy! Has this person actually LOOKED at mailman? It's vastly
>> superior to majordomo in nearly every respect.
>
>With one (often) critical aspect missing: Majordomo has good support
>for administrative control and configuration of a list via email
>commands and MailMan doesn't.  In many cases that sole point is the
>main deciding factor.

In my particular situation, where I'm penned to a small-town
ISP with no way to get my email other than long-distance dialup
when I'm traveling (25% of the time at least), it's a real
pain to either stay on-line to navigate through the web interface
to discard a bunch of spam attempts, or else try to go find a way
to get onto the web by other means (hey, can I borrow your system
for a while? I have to go get rid of some spam back in New Mexico...)
If it were my choice I wouldn't be using mailman now for this
very reason (I don't have a choice, however).

On the other hand, the web-based config for the _listmembers_ is
wonderful, they never used to be able to figure out what they
needed to send to majordomo before the lists were switched over.

Mats