[Mailman-Users] mailman 1.1: IOError

Dpk dpk at egr.msu.edu
Wed Feb 9 19:31:39 CET 2000

I am running Solaris 2.6 w/apache 1.3.9.  I receive the following
error message when attempting to access the web page for my test list:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/optd/mail/mailman/scripts/driver", line 85, in run_main
    logger = StampedLogger('error',
  File "../Mailman/Logging/StampedLogger.py", line 48, in __init__
    Logger.__init__(self, category, nofail, immediate)
  File "../Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 40, in __init__
    self.__get_f()
  File "../Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 63, in __get_f
    reraise()
  File "../Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 55, in __get_f
    f = self.__fp = open(self.__filename, 'a+')
IOError: (13, 'Permission denied')

I assume this is a ownership/permissions problem, but check_perms does
not indicate any error.  I have searched the archives and have found
similiar or the same error, but no followup to them.  Likewise,
sending e-mail to test-request results in a permission denied error.

A web page or document that provides insight would be much
appreciated.  I hope to convert to mailman soon as it seems to be the
feature-rich mail list solution Engineering could use.

PS: Please CC or send replies directly to me as I am not subscribed to
the list. (not yet at least)

Thanks.
Dennis Kelly
Network Administrator