[Mailman-Users] 'auto' mode for new subscribers?

Scott Russell scottrus at raleigh.ibm.com
Sat Feb 19 06:07:15 CET 2000

Mailmen -

I installed 1.2 from CVS today and noticed there does not appear to
be no 'auto' option (as majordomo has) for the var 'subscribe_policy'.
I don't want/need a confirmation for each sub request. I just want the
subscription to be automatically approved and the list welcome message
to be sent.

Is this a planned feature or does someone have a clean patch for this?

The mailing lists I run will be internal to my company so confirmation
of subscriptions is not a large concern. (In fact it's been noted on the
current majordomo lists that many people are *confused* about the
confirmation reply!)

A second but related question. Is there a command to email
list-request at here.com that will subscribe a user and not
require that user to confirm the new subscription?

Again, thanks for the help!

--
Regards,
 Scott Russell (scottrus at raleigh.ibm.com)