[Mailman-Users] Page includes

Rick Niess rniess at netserver3.otr.usm.edu
Thu Feb 24 22:17:35 CET 2000

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Arthur J. Byrnes wrote:
> We have some lists where the admin needs to be anonymous, and
> this little thing keeps it from happening.  (Right now well tell
> folks to send a message to
> owner-whateverlist to contact the owner.)

     I wouldn't suggest removing the notice entirely as this can lead to
accountability issues, especially if the pages are publically accessible.
Also, modifying the Mailman code may not be a good idea as your changes
would be overwritten when installing newer releases.

     One possible option would be to just set
"owner-whateverlist at wherever.com" as the list owner address.  Then that
address would show up as that at the bottom of the pages.  The only
downfall I can see is that you'd have to maintain the list of these
"aliased" owners by hand instead of letting them change it when/if they
ever change.  Would that work?

						~ Rick Niess ~
--
.oooO "Man with closed Oooo.    Rick C. Niess
(   )   mouth gathers  (   )    University of Southern Miss.
 \ (      no foot!"     ) /     resnet at usm.edu