[Mailman-Users] Mhonarc + Mailman (was external archiver urls)

Scott Russell scottrus at raleigh.ibm.com
Thu Feb 24 23:30:15 CET 2000

Rick -

Good question. I'm replacing the previous admin so honestly I'm not
quite sure. The kicker is the admin I replaced didn't set it up either! He had
yet another admin set it up. From the mailing list side, which is right
this moment still majordomo, emails sent to 'archive at system.name.com' are
automatically archived. This is for three different lists. Mhonarc takes
care of sorting them out (based on the [listname] in subject) and sticking
them into the correct web archive.

I'll ask for details on how my counter-part set it up and see what comes back.
(Look for private email as I think this gets to be OT.) In the mean time if
anyone else knows a quick answer to this...

Re the test, I found it realitivly easy. Then again I've been using RH since
4.0 and doing hardware / software problem deturmination at IBM for the last
six years. I think it was 'easy' for me because of my previous exposure. I'll
be retesting on 6.x when the 2.4 kernel is released and shipped. We'll see how
that goes then.

-- Scott