[Mailman-Users] Lost administrator password

Bill Carlson wcarlson at vh.org
Tue Feb 29 16:32:13 CET 2000

On 28 Feb 2000, Douglas Bates wrote:

> I really did look in the FAQ to see if this was mentioned but I didn't
> find it.
>
> How do I reset the administrator password on a list?  We created a
> list and set the password and now neither of us can remember what it
> was set to.  I do have root permission on the machine running mailman
> (it is running Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 with the 1.0rc2-5 version of the
> Debian mailman package, in case that matters).

Login into the listadmin with the site password. If you don't
remember/don't have the site password, run mmsitepass as the mailman user.

HTH,

Bill Carlson
Systems Programmer    bill-carlson at uiowa.edu	|  Opinions are mine,
Virtual Hospital      http://www.vh.org/        |  not my employer's.
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics	|