[Mailman-Users] Umlauts in Subject and Text (üöä ...)

Peter Funk pf at artcom-gmbh.de
Thu Jan 6 09:50:10 CET 2000

Hi.

I've installed mailman 1.1 for internal use in our company and
I'm very happy with it so far.

But the generated HTML in the archives could be improved.  If someone
writes mail using german language, text and subject of the mail
may contain some umlauts like 'ä', 'ö', and so on.  These often
end quoted printable in the mail archive and so the subject may look
like this in the generated HTML:

    Re: Ist das jetzt =?iso-8859-1?Q?nachtr=E4glich=20=E4nderbar?=

I've had a look at standard library module 'quopri' but did not want to
start hacking on it before asking here, whether this topic will
already be addressed by someone else in an upcoming version of mailman.

Regards, Peter
--
Peter Funk, Oldenburger Str.86, 27777 Ganderkesee, Tel: 04222 9502 70, Fax: -60