[Mailman-Users] MHonArc question

Paul Stevens paul at nfg.nl
Mon Jul 3 20:54:27 CEST 2000

"Joseph Gray" <jgray at lcdfnm.org> writes:

> Ok, two people have asked so far. Here is how I have MHonArc setup.
>
> To start, edit your "mm_cfg.py" file to define the external archiver (yes, both lines are the same command). I got the "mkdir" idea
> from someone else's posting. It didn't work w/o it:
>
> PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = """
> mkdir -p /home/mailman/archives/private/%(listname)s;/usr/local/bin/mhonarc -add
> -outdir /home/mailman/archives/private/%(listname)s -idxfname index.html
> -nosaveresources -rcfile /home/mailman/mhonarc.mrc
> """
> PRIVATE_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = """
> mkdir -p /home/mailman/archives/private/%(listname)s;/usr/local/bin/mhonarc -add
> -outdir /home/mailman/archives/private/%(listname)s -idxfname index.html
> -nosaveresources -rcfile /home/mailman/mhonarc.mrc
> """

Somewhat more generic using debian-ized filelocations:

from mm_cfg.py:

PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = "/etc/mhonarc/filter %(listname)s"
PRIVATE_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = "/etc/mhonarc/filter %(listname)s"

------------- /etc/mhonarc/filter ------------------
#!/bin/sh

umask 022
listname=$1
outdir=/var/lib/mhonarc/$listname
rcfile=/etc/mhonarc/$listname/rc

if [ ! -e "$rcfile" ]; then
	rcfile=/etc/mhonarc/rc-default
fi
if [ ! -d "$outdir" ]; then
	mkdir -p $outdir
fi

/usr/bin/mhonarc -add -rcfile $rcfile -outdir $outdir
chmod -R go+rX $outdir

Because my clients like to integrate the archive into their website,
/etc/mhonarc/rc-default contains some simple sane standard settings.
These can easily be overridden per list by setting up the file
/etc/mhonarc/$listname/rc

  Paul Stevens                                  mailto:paul at nfg.nl
  NET FACILITIES GROUP                     PGP: finger paul at nfg.nl
  The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl