[Mailman-Users] moving lists

Dan Kappus dk at squaretrade.com
Wed Jul 5 23:08:45 CEST 2000

I am really quite confused about how mailman identifies what host it is running on.

Steps I took to become confused:

a)Installed Mailman on machine number one named internal
b)moved the entire Mailman filesystem tree with many busy lists to a machine with another hostname,
mail
c)Tried to access the public archives and couldn't, though the listinfo page was happy, and the
admin interface worked
d)changed the defaults in mm_cfg.py to reflect new hostname
e)did
list_lists | awk '{print $1}' | xargs move_list

to move all the lists
f) went to the listinfo page and noted that none of the many lists that I saw in step c
were listed anymore
g) ran in circles, deperately crying "Ega!! Bundulooo!" in imitation of esr and rms.

What have I done wrong?

I follow the list sporadically, but if someone happens to know where I've acted without
clue, feel free to follow up with me in email (reply-to is set).