[Mailman-Users] For the Record: How to install Mailman on OS X Server...

Tom Moore tom.moore at landslidedesign.com
Thu Jul 6 05:43:18 CEST 2000

My new hero, Ken Case of OmniGroup, was kind enough to pass along
these instructions on how to get Mailman to install on OS X Server:

At 5:19 PM -0700 7/5/00, Ken Case wrote:
>The default C preprocessor shipped by Apple has some bugs which
>don't exist in the traditional C preprocessor:  to work around this,
>add "-traditional-cpp" to your C compiler flags.  (For some reason,
>configure knows to include "-traditional-cpp" in "CPP" but doesn't
>automatically include it in "OPT".)
>I did this after the fact by editing config.status and changing the
>"OPT" setting from "-g -O2" to "-traditional-cpp -g -O2", then
>running "./config.status" to rebuild the makefiles using my new
>settings.  I suspect you could also do it by passing
>"OPT='-traditional-cpp -g -O2'" on the command line when you run

I did this and got the program to install all the way. I haven't gone
any further, and I'll undoubtedly hit other snags, but this piece of
advice seems to have done the trick for the installation. Thanks, Ken!

Tom Moore
Landslide Design

Tom Moore
President, Landslide Design