[Mailman-Users] Fix to Not Able to Use Admin Pages

Chuck Dale bug at aphid.net
Sat Jul 15 10:55:20 CEST 2000

I have been running Mailman 1.0 then 1.1 happily for about six months
now.

I decided to upgrade to Mailman 2.0beta4. Followed the standard steps.
After creating a list I found that the admin cookie wouldn't work. That
is, I could get in to the admin page by entering my password, but if I
selected one of the other sections or tried to save options I would be
returned to the enter password screen.

There were lots of ideas in the archives but no fixes. I "fixed" it by
removing the list and creating another one. No idea why.

I also deleted my cookies file as one poster suggested but this did
nothing initially. Perhaps it was this combined with recreating the list
that fixed things.

Anyone working on finding this bug? There have been about 5 threads from
people with similar problems over the past month without any resolutions
other than (delete the list, create it again, delete your cookies -
choose one of the above).

Thanks,
Chuck

               [ charles hamilton dale <bug at aphid.net> ]