[Mailman-Users] Fix to Not Able to Use Admin Pages

Chuck Dale bug at aphid.net
Mon Jul 17 15:52:16 CEST 2000

Wrote Steve Lay on Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 01:05:59PM +0100:
> Chuck Dale <bug at aphid.net> wrote:
>
> >Anyone working on finding this bug? There have been about 5 threads from
> >people with similar problems over the past month without any resolutions
> >other than (delete the list, create it again, delete your cookies -
> >choose one of the above).
>
> My guess is that there may be more than one thing going on here and that is
> why this problem is getting to people so much.
[..]
> The bug is triggered when your browser has more than one cookie from the
> mailman server - when the browser sends them with the next request the
> server gets confused.  That's why deleting all your mailman cookies is a
> valid workaround.
[..]

Ok that makes sense. Some of the problems are with multiple cookie bug.

The remaining problem, and the one that hit me, is that of the cookie
not working - multiple cookies or no. I had no idea where to start
debugging - there were no errors in any of the logs. Removing the list
and adding it again solved everything.

Chuck

               [ charles hamilton dale <bug at aphid.net> ]